Ne’Qwa Songbirds ornament by artist Robert Schmidt from JQ Outdoors featuring colorful birds. Introduced in 2005, now retired, it measures 4.5 inches high, jewel shape and comes beautifully packaged in a hand crafted, satin-lined, velour presentation case. Ne’Qwa Art(TM) is the largest producer of the centuries-old tradition of painting on the inside of glass. The same meticulous techniques that captivated emperors and art connoisseurs ages ago are used to create each of their decorative accessories. From outlining to shading to color application, all work is painstakingly done in freehand. Known in the Mandarin language as ‘Ne’Qwa,’ the artistic tradition of reverse painting on the inside of glass flourished during the 17th century, when snuff bottles were valued fashion accessories in China. All ornaments are mouth-blown glass and come with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Artist Robert Schmidt from JQ Outdoors
- Introduced in 2005, now retired
- Measures 4.5 inches high, jewel shape
- Certificate of Authenticity describing the unique art history and reverse painting process
- Comes beautifully packaged in a hand crafted, satin-lined, velour presentation case