For centuries it was believed that the eagle could look directly into the sun and that it was reborn by diving into a fountain. Christians adopted this symbolism, comparing the eagle looking into the sun to Christ looking at His Father and the fountain as the renewal of the soul through baptism. Today, an eagle may often be spied on the baptismal fonts in older churches.
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs