The Cuckoo Clock s origins date back to the early 16s in the Black Forest region of Europe when people carved intricate wooden clocks during the snowbound winter months. In 1738, Franz Letterer made the first Cuckoo Clock with the little bird behind a small door that opened to let the bird call out the hour and half hour.
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs