The Comedy & Tragedy masks have symbolized the theater for decades and originate from Greek theater. Actors wore masks with exaggerated expressions so people sitting far off could see the character s emotions. The masks also allowed actors to play multiple characters. Masks were designed with enlarged mouths so actors could easily talk and project their voices.
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs