Apples were the traditional Christian symbol of temptation. Apples were hung on evergreen trees during the presentation of the Paradise plays in medieval times and used during reenactments of the story of Adam and Eve on Christmas Eve to reinforce the meaning of Christ s birth.
Size: 2 ½”
- With a matching S-hook and gift box included, this is a great gift set!
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs