In medieval Europe, strawberries were served at festivals and important state occasions to ensure peace and prosperity. They were carved into Church pillars to symbolize perfection and righteousness. In provincial France, strawberries were considered an aphrodisiac, so newlyweds were traditionally served a strawberry soup.
- With a matching S-hook and gift box included, this is a great gift set!
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs