The Ukulele is a Hawaiian version of a Portuguese stringed instrument brought to the islands by immigrants in the 19th century. It quickly became Hawaii’s most popular musical instrument, and a favorite of King Kalkaua. The name Ukulele roughly translates to “jumping flea” because of the player’s rapid finger movements.
- With a matching S-hook and gift box included, this is a great gift set!
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs