Halloween has its origins in the ancient festival of Samhain, the Celtic New Year, when spirits were allowed to return to earth to visit. Christianity incorporated this into All Hollow’s Eve, Oct. 31, prior to All Saints Day. The Irish brought Halloween to America in the 1840s, with the tradition of dressing in costumes and playing pranks in the hope of keeping evil spirits away.
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs