According to legend, robins acquired their red breasts on the first Christmas. A robin saw the Christ Child shivering as the fire began to die, so the bird flew close to the embers and began fanning them with its wings. As the fire began to burn more brightly, its heat burned the compassionate robin s breast and turned it red.
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs