Hanging a stocking by the fire became popular in the 18 s. Legend says, St. Nicholas tossed bags of gold down the chimney into stockings drying by the fire that belonged to three poor sisters who lacked dowries. Children still hang their stockings to this day hoping for a surprise.
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition using techniques that originated in the 1800’s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds made exclusively for Old World Christmas
- Ornaments are all hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Old World Christmas offers the most extensive and best-loved collection with over 1,400 proprietary designs