QUIZ: Match the bird nest with the bird species. Bird nests: Scrape Nest (a shallow depression in the ground, sometimes lined with feathers, shells) Mound Nest (a pile of mud, branches and other debris that holds heat and help incubates eggs) Burrow Nest (a hole dug into the ground where eggs and young are protected from weather and many predators.) Cavity Nest (a hole into a dead tree or cacti is drilled, and the eggs are laid in the hollow inside.) Cup Nest (tiny nests of grasses and mud, with deep cavities to keep the eggs from falling out.) Platform Nest (a huge nest added to each season. These nests are often many times the size of the adult birds.) Pendant Nest (woven of grasses and other flexible materials, these nests dangle down from the branch.) Island Nests (built of floating materials, these nests either are free floating or anchored so the rise and fall with the tide but don’t change location.) Bird species: Orioles, Ducks, Eagles, Parrots, Coots, Flamingos, Hummingbirds, Puffins
- An ironic gift for the members of your flock. Send this adorable budgie-in-nest ornament to the bird-lovers on your holiday list.
- An original design by Ornaments to Remember. Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Ideal for birdwatchers and bird-lovers, alike.
- Group your feathered-friends together for a year-round display.
- Bird-in-nest ornament height: 3-1/2 inches.