The tradition of the Chinese Braided Knot is part of an ancient weaving art. Initially made for practical purposes, these knots have been used by the people of Chinese as ornamentation since the Han Dynasty. Although knot patterns can look quite elaborate and complicated, they are created using basic knot-tying techniques. “Knot” in Chinese represents warmth, reunion, friendliness, marriage, etc., so the Chinese Braided Knot has come to symbolize happiness, prosperity, reunion, luck, harmony, and love. These hand-made knots are typically given to friends and family during the Lunar New Year.
- Tradition with a twist. Our Braided Knot ornaments bring a mix of vibrant color and simple pattern to holiday decorating.
- An original design by Ornaments to Remember. Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Timeless, but trend setting.
- Other colors (without tassels) available. Small space for personalization is available.
- Braided Knot ornament height: 5 inches with tassel.