Dragonflies are admired and respected in Japan. They symbolize courage, strength, and happiness. Dragonflies are predacious insects, meaning they live by eating other insects. They are considered a good predator because they eat mosquitoes, flies, and ants. Dragonflies (and damselflies) are members of the Odonata order. Dragonflies are larger than damselflies, but hold their wings in a horizontal position. Although a dragonfly has six legs, like other insects, it can’t walk very well, but a dragonfly (when flying) is one of the fastest insects. Dragonflies are usually found around wetlands, lakes, ponds, and streams.
- The Dragonfly ornaments are a sleek and authentic rendering of the real insect. Ready to spring from the branch where they alight, you can almost hear them flitting about.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Gardeners love dragonflies.
- Free-blown by master glassblowers
- Dragonfly ornament height: 5 inches