Dragonflies are predacious insects, meaning they live by eating other insects. They are considered a good predator because they eat mosquitoes, flies, and ants. Dragonflies (and damselflies) are members of the Odonata order. Dragonflies are larger than damselflies, but hold their wings in a horizontal position. Although a dragonfly has six legs, like other insects, it can’t walk very well, but a dragonfly (when flying) is one of the fastest insects. Dragonflies are usually found around wetlands, lakes, ponds, and streams. In China, people associate the dragonfly with prosperity, harmony and as a good luck charm. Amongst Native Americans, the dragonfly is a sign of happiness, speed and purity.
- The Dragonfly ornaments are a sleek and artistic rendering of the real thing. Ready to spring from the branch you clip them on, you can almost hear them flitting about.
- An original decoration by Ornaments to Remember.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Free-blown by master glassblowers
- Dragonfly ornament height: 5 inches