Japanese Wedding Fan Ornament Traditions: There is a wonderfully unique history behind the ōgi, the Japanese word for a folding Fan. The military used special fans to give signals during battle. Referees of Sumo wrestling matches used fans to denote their status. And actors, in Kabuki and Noh theaters, used fans to emphasize their gestures and emotions. There are two styles of folding fans – one made with paper or silk, and the other made of flat strips of wood.
- Painted in the traditional colors of white, gold and copper, our fan ornament
- An original design by Ornaments to Remember.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Coordinating pieces: geta, kimono, lantern, braided knot.
- Fan ornament height: 3-1/2 inches.