The phrase “You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince” is attributed to the Americanized version of the fairy tale, The Frog Prince, by the Brothers Grimm. The phrase can have different meanings. Traditionally, the phrase meant you will have meanings. Traditionally, the phrase meant you will have to meet/date many people before you find the perfect mate. Another conventional meaning is that you have to work hard in life (involving work you dislike) to get what you want. More recently, the words in the phrase have been shortened to, “near miss frog kiss”. It’s defined as coming close to making a choice that would have been wrong for you. This phrase could apply to buying a car, selecting the wrong college, rejecting a job offer, etc. For you Shrek fans, the Frog Prince is the true identity of King Harold in the films, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third.
- You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince. Our Frog Prince ornament says it all.
- An original decoration by Ornaments to Remember.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- For a friend from Japan, the frog is a lucky charm.
- Frog Prince ornament height: 3-3/4 inches