Babies are called piglets. Young swine are called pigs. Adult males are called boar (or hogs) and females are called sows. Swine are ranked fourth in animal intelligence. Because of their foraging skills and excellent sense of smell, pigs are used in Europe to hunt for truffles (fungi). Pigs were one of the first domesticated animals and were being raised by the Chinese over 6,000 years ago.
- Like Wilbur, the porky protagonist of the beloved children’s classic Charlotte’s Web, our Holiday Hog ornament has found a way to escape his boarish fate. He’s wrapped in miniature Christmas lights.
- An original decoration by Ornaments to Remember. Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Our “petite pig” adds whimsy to your holiday tree or kitchen shelf.
- For those who need to act like the holiday ham.
- Holiday Hog ornament height: 3-1/2 inches.