The art of making Kokeshi dolls originated in the early 19th century in the Tohuku region of Japan. Woodworkers, or “Kijiya” of the area began making the dolls to sell to tourists that visited the area’s hot spring resorts. The dolls typically feature a round head on a simple, cylindrical body and are highly collectible, both in their traditional form and in the newer, more “creative” style.
- Precious. Precious. Precious. Our girl Kokeshi doll ornament is decorated with the traditional colors used when creating Kokeshi .
- An original decoration by Ornaments to Remember.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Follow the Japanese tradition of buying omiyage (souvenirs) for family and friends.
- Kokeshi Doll ornament height: 5 inches.