Invented at the beginning of the 14th century, Japanese Lanterns replaced the widely used torches and pine-resin candles. These lanterns are used in Japanese homes, for festivals, parties, and in gardens. Made with translucent paper, bamboo, and glue, these beautiful works of art are created by artisans. Lanterns are crafted to reflect the Japanese preference for serenity and tranquility during the evening hours.
- The fusion of the old with the new–our lantern has been updated with a contemporary decoration.
- An original decoration by Ornaments to Remember.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Coordinating kimono, geta, and fan available.
- Lantern ornament height: 4-1/2 inches (with tassel)