The exact origin of tamales is unknown; however legend says the Aztecs ate them long before the arrival of the Spanish conquistadors. In Mexico, Central America, and te American Southwest, tamales are traditionally prepared with friends and family on Christmas Eve and then served warm on Christmas Day to callers who drop by. Wrapped in corn husks or banana leaves, and filled with anything from pork to pineapple and raisins, the recipes for these deliciously steamy corn dumplings are handed down from generation to generation.
- Ours is one hot tamale. Just like the real thing, each tamale is a labor of love.
- An original design by Ornaments to Remember.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Eating a tamale is unwrapping happiness one bite at a time.
- Tamale ornament height: 4 inches.