A major north-south highway, U.S. Route 1 is part of the US road system planned in the 1920s. It’s the east-most of the major north-south highways. U.S. Route 1 connects the following states: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Maine. The building of America’s major highways-US route 66, US 101, US 1, and US 30-contributed to the rapid economic growth of the 20th century. But for many, the open highway is more than a way to get somewhere. It’s an icon for freedom, and is the legendary backdrop for countless tales of discovery. Where will your next road trip take you?
- This US 1 Highway Christmas ornament was created to commemorate the rich history of America’s highways. Running over 2000 miles from Key West to Maine, this East Coast route is filled with memories of family adventure.
- An original design by Ornaments to Remember.
- Handcrafted by EUROPEAN artisans.
- Celebrate the open highway with this blown-glass travel Christmas ornament that is a unique reminder of favorite road trips.
- Highway US 1 Ornament height: 3.5 inches