Wash day was usually on Mondays. The work involved hand scrubbing the dirty items, then boiling the clothes outdoors in big black pots, and hanging the clothes on the line to dry. Clementine Hunter did this many times during her years of working at Melrose Plantation. Each hand blown glass Christmas ornament is meticulously hand sculpted and hand painted by highly skilled artisans. No two ornaments are alike. Each piece has its own distinctive shape and textured surface that allows you to feel the passion in her work. We hope you will enjoy these collector quality ornaments for years to come.
- Clementine Hunter – World renowned folk artist depicting plantation life in America
- Handmade – each piece is meticulously hand painted and hand sculpted by skilled artisans, who individually inflate each ornament from molten glass. No two are exactly alike
- Collectors Item – Because each glass ornament is unique, this piece is a one of a kind collectors item. You and your family will cherish for generations.
- Gift Box – Each ornament arrives in a stunning gift box for gift giving and safe storage.
- Giving Back- A percentage of each sale goes towards the preservation, interpretation and restoration of the Clementine Hunter House at Melrose Plantation, a national Historic Landmark.