TITLE: For You Ornament SENTIMENT: Just a little something… GIFT-GIVING SUGGESTIONS: For the friendships that brighten our lives daily. For Holidays or for Everyday, Ornaments are an expression of friendship, love and appreciation that celebrate life’s milestones in a small, commemorative format. Willow Tree hand-carved figures reveal their expression through body gestures only… a tilt of the head, placement of the hands, a turn of the body. Since 1999, American artist Susan Lordi has worked in partnership with DEMDACO to produce, market and distribute Willow Tree, her line of carved figurative sculpture. From her studio in Kansas City, Lordi hand carves the original of each figure. This piece is cast based on Lordi’s original and painted by hand. Inside each fitted packaging box is a hang tag with piece title and sentiment on it. Each piece is intended to be open to interpretation from the viewer. “Willow Tree isn’t so much about the tangible piece. It represents an emotion or it marks a memory.” -Susan Lordi
- Sentiment: “Just a little something…” written on hangtag
- 4.25″h hand-painted resin ornament. Brown elastic cord. Ready to display on a shelf, table or mantel. To clean, dust with soft brush or cloth.
- A small posy of orange daisies shyly peek from behind this figure’s back…for friends who brighten our lives daily. Ornaments are smaller-sized versions of most-loved Willow Tree figures. For Holidays or for Everyday, Ornaments are an expression of friendship, love and appreciation that celebrate life’s milestones in a small, commemorative format. Packaged in fitted box ready for gift-giving.
- Artist Susan Lordi hand carves the original of each Willow Tree piece from her studio in Kansas City, MO. This piece is cast based on Susan’s original carving and painted by hand.
- This figure communicates through gesture, to represent an emotion or mark a memory. Willow Tree sculptures express love, closeness, healing, courage, hope… emotions of a life well lived.